Saturday, June 4, 2016

Week 27: Losing and Gaining Eternal Family

Family and Friends!:D

This is the weirdest thing ever emailing at 3 pm on a Saturday afternoon! I keep thinking it's Monday....haha!

WELL....I know you are all wondering......I am going to be getting Sister Trent as a new companion. I have no idea who she is, but according to my other missionary friends she has served in Big Rapids, MI for her entire mission so far. This will only be her 2nd area! Crazy! And she has been out for over 9 months according to Sister Lau. I am pumped!:D BUT...I am not so pumped that Sister Lau is leaving me AND Sister Nelson. I am going to be a balling mess on Monday morning. It is SO NOT COOL! :P Sister Nelson got called to be a sister training leader in Mount Pleasant and I TOTALLY called it! Haha! I am pumped for her! But I am going to cry because I will miss my "mom." No doubt about that!

And then I also dropped two investigators this week sadly!;( Julie, Jesslyn, and Russell. I am literally losing everyone this week. BUT they are still good friends with us. They are just not wanting the gospel in their lives right now. But I know this has opened doors for them in the future to receive the gospel. Planted good seeds for sure! And made eternal friends! Blessings though! Because we picked up a new investigator! Her name is Lisa and she was a referral we got from Salt Lake City. She is coming to church on Sunday and we have just met with her once! And she said she would get baptized! WOOOOHOOOOO!

And I got to go to the Truscott's baptism this morning. Apparently a couple weeks ago they asked Sister Nelson and Sister Child if I would be there because they wanted me to say the opening prayer! I love them! I was so flattered and touched! I miss teaching them for sure! BUT they have family in Arizona...so when I get home they are going to come visit!;) 

But other than that nothing much has changed since I talked to you all on Tuesday! I hope you have a STELLAR week and keep sharing the gospel! You NEVER know who needs it! Bear your testimony to someone this week! That is my challenge to you all! Testimonies change lives. They have changed mine.

Love you all so much and miss you just as much!:) 

-- 
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

Paloma saying goodbye to Sister Lau! She said in her closing prayer, "Thank you for letting Sister Rogers stay!" I was literally in tears! Love this girl! We are trying to get her and her mom, Marie, back to church. It has been a while! And we are going to start teaching Paloma the lessons because she was never baptized!:D When we ask her if that would be ok Paloma says, "I am good with getting baptized and the Holy Spirit and stuff....but this (*points to her hair*) ....does NOT do well in water!" BAHAHAHAHA! We were dying laughing! We told her if that is the greatest worry she has, she is good to go!;)


Saying goodbye to Jesslyn and her family last night! Eternal friends! I can't wait for them to accept the gospel someday!:)


Me saying bye to Hyacinth!;( 


Jesslyn even gave us flowers and these quinoa chips and juice boxes she got us addicted to! And even some Baha'i literature....hahahahaha! Love and will miss that family!


THE TRUSCOTT'S BAPTISM THIS MORNING! WITH ALL "THEIR MISSIONARIES" AS THEY CALL IT!:)




No comments:

Post a Comment