Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 10: Guess who got sick, got her DP's, and still witnessed many miracles?;)

Yep! Me! That's who! I drove yesterday for the first time in two and a half months and it was glorious! (DP's mean driving privileges by the way.) And I got sicker than a dog and had to go to the doctor! I had some disgusting virus that they call an Upper Respiratory Illness (aka worst cold ever). So since it was a virus they couldn't really give me antibiotics to cure it. So they prescribed me this nasal spray stuff and I loaded up on cold medicine, Vitamin D, and Emergen-C, and I stayed in for 2 days! That's how rough it was! I sounded like I was dying! Haha! Luckily I am feeling WAY better now! Sister Nelson was freaked out one day and said she came and checked on me because I was asleep for 4 hours straight and hadn't make a peep! Haha! She said she wanted to make sure I wasn't dead because she was a little worried!;) But all is well now! I guess I just had to get sick sooner or later. Anyways, here are momma's questions for the week:

1.) Michigan question: What are some main differences, besides the weather (ha ha!) that you've noticed between Michigan & home?

Ummmm......probably the accents now that Steven pointed it out! People do talk a little different here and they REALLY notice it when we talk! Haha!:)

2.) Have you heard when it will start warming up?

Not sure. It will snow one day and be sunny the next. Michigan is way bipolar this year because of El Nino.

3.) Do they really cancel church if the weather gets bad? You haven't experienced that yet, have you?

Yes they do! But no! That hasn't happened to our ward yet! One Sunday was close though!

4.) Have you gotten the chance to spend any time or gotten to know other missionaries in your area?

Yes! Our Lansing area is so luckily because we are so close to the mission home and office. There are about 10 missionaries in our area and then every P-day we usually get together as a district first and then as a zone! So that is really fun! I am really close to a lot of the misssionaries here! We are just lucky to see other missionaries so often in this area. Other parts of the mission aren't like that. And we are EXTRA lucky because President and Sister Jacobsen are in our ward so we see them often! I went over to their house and lazed around when I was sick while Morgan and Sister Nelson went to go teach 2 lessons. I was bummed to miss the lessons, but it was fun to hang out and talk to President and Sister Jacobsen especially! Funny story, President came in and turned off the light when I was laying on the couch in the living room so I could fall asleep and he asked, " Can I get you anything....water, juice, a cold beer?" Hahahaha! He is the best! I just love him! His sense of humor is one of a kind! So you could say I am pretty close to them! I'm so glad I was called to this area first so I could get to know them so well! That is one of the many reasons why I LOVE East Lansing!<3 It is going to be hard to leave this area someday.

5.) How are your investigators doing? How is Daniel? Is Virginie still on the calendar for baptism?

Good! Daniel and Abe we haven't been able to meet with because of their busy schedules and them getting sick, but three of our investigators are on date for baptism! Virginie (April 6th), Steven (yay-March 5th), and then one of our newer investigators, Charmbaro (March 19). Our area is ON FIRE! We are so thankful for all of our brothers and sisters we get to teach and for their faith and testimonies! It makes all the hard things about mission life totally worth it! :)

6.) Ponderize Scripture:

My challenge to you this week is to find your favorite scripture and share it with someone who is not a member! Good luck! I know this will not only bless the person you share it with, but you and your testimony as well! And then email me your experiences!:)

Love you all and miss you so much! Have a fun, happy week! And don't forget to smile and laugh!!:)

P.S. Sorry...I didn't take any pics this week!:P Next week for sure!

-- 
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment