Saturday, June 17, 2017

Week:......The BEST is Yet to Come!!!

Hey Family and Friends!<3

OH MY GOODNESS! THIS LAST WEEK HAS BEEN THE DEFINITION OF STELLAR! 😁

First off, Happy Early Father's Day, Fabio! Sorry I am a poor missionary and have nothing to buy you.....but me coming home on Wednesday should make up for my lack of cards and presents for you!😉🎁

Second, SCOTT WAS BAPTIZED THIS MORNING! It was one of the most spiritual baptisms of my mission! We sang "Nearer My God to Thee" with the 4 elders in our ward and Elder Breinholt even got permission to play the guitar with it! 🎵🎶It sounded really good! We were worried there for a little bit! Haha! As Elder Breinholt said, "The angels were singing with us!" Scott was GLOWING AND SO HAPPY! There was a ton of people there and the talks by Bro.Guild and Bro.Birkinsha were amazing! They weren't the usual talks on baptism and the holy ghost. They had really good spins to them that made them even more spiritual! The Bishop even ordered Scott BRAND NEW SCRIPTURES! And we bought him a journal and marking pencils and he was super pumped to finally have the Doctrine and Covenants and The Pearl of Great Price! It was so cool to see how much he has changed since me and Sister Mathis door knocked into him on a cold, rainy, and hailing day in March! He made my mission special and I am so proud of Scott Price!❤

Third, it was as HOT AS HADES IN MICHIGAN this week! It was in the 90's and SUPER humid! We even biked some of the time! I think Heavenly Father is just trying to prep me for some Arizona weather here in a few days!🌡☀
Fourth, the 4 elders in the ward and my ward mission leaders' family through me a "surprise going away breakfast" on Friday morning! It was so sweet! I will miss the Wyoming Ward and the Valverde's! Everyone at the baptism was tearing up and making me sad today, but I told them I would still see them tomorrow and that they can't do that to me or it makes it harder! Haha!

Lastly, momma had some "questions of the week" like she used to do, so here goes nothing:

1.) How has the last month been for you on your mission?

I literally couldn't have asked for a better, more spiritual, more beautiful last month and transfer in Michigan. Zone P-day at Lake Michigan, Scott's baptism, getting to go to the Detroit Temple 2 times before I go home, 2 MLC's, trade-offs with my sisters, the list could go on! Heavenly Father has blessed me more than I can ever repay him.

2.) What are some things that you're going to miss about Michigan?

I am going to miss the GREEN AND FLOWERS! 🌲🌳🌸💮🏵🌹🌺🌻🌼🌷💐 (That is kind of non-existant in AZ. It will take a while to get used to the "brown beauty" again. But I am excited for nightly, beautiful sunsets and and to be there for monsoon season!)🦂🌵 I am also going to miss the members, investigators, less actives, and all my missionary friends.:( But thank heavens for technology and Facebook!;D

3.) What are your favorite things about the members in Michigan?

They are so down to earth, kind, loving, and once a part of their family, ALWAYS a part of their family! They are so much more than just members I have served with! They really are family! And they love the gospel and helping the missionaries (which we are SO grateful for!) You really do have to be a strong member of the church out here in the Midwest! There aren't many of us! But even though we aren't strong in numbers, the members are STRONG in heart.<3 And I love Michigan accents! Usually the members that have lived here their whole lives have it!;) And some of the best memories on my mission have been with members! I will forever love and be grateful for each member that I have come to know and love on my mission! All you members of Michigan, BETTER expect calls and messages from me in a week! Haha!

4.) What's your funniest door knocking story from your mission?

Probably the time when I gave a blind man an ITL card and told him to check out the website on it because there was a cool, Christmas video on it! Opppsss. Bahahaha! #2weeksout #greenie I have had a lot of funny door knocking stories though...I'm blonde...what do you expect?!😂

5.) What's the biggest change that you see in yourself from the beginning of your mission to right now?

I am stronger because I rely on the Lord and my Heavenly Father more. I know in whom I trust.<3 And I am closer to them than I ever have been. I also am more calm and patient than I was before my mission. I know it is because I am closer to the spirit! I know "I can do HARD things!" and that "We are Family!" I have even grown a stronger testimony of The Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith!

6.) What's one thing that you think you've learned from having a companion for 18 months?

YOU CAN LOVE ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY AND THEY CAN BECOME YOU BEST FRIEND/SISTER AS YOU SERVE THEM AND DESIRE TO LOVE THEM! PRAYING FOR CHARITY WORKS! I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL 11 OF MY COMPANIONS! (Shout-out to: Sydney Hatfield, Cassidy Nelson, Sister Heather Child, Kya Lau, Breck Steele, Georgia Trent, Jayce Gardner, Bailey Vera, Kaitlyn Mathis, Sister Kinley Gibbs, and Sister Madeline Osmond)

7.) What's the best advice you can give to somebody else who would want to serve a mission?

YOU CAN DO IT! If it's Heavenly Father's plan for you, you can do HARD things! And the best part is, they become GREAT things as you trust the Lord and rely on him! Someone once told me it will all work out if you: 1.) Love the Lord. 2.) Love the people. 3.) Be exactly obedient. Couldn't come up with a truer statement myself!

I love you all and I LOVE this gospel! Our Heavenly Father and Savior know and love each one of us individually. They have a plan for us. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God to restore this gospel. The Book of Mormon is the most true book on earth and there is no other book that can bring us closer to our Heavenly Father and Savior. Our Savior did die for our sins, and because of that, we can live with our families for eternity! Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and he can help us return to live with God again as we follow his guidance. I am so grateful I got to "take a few steps toward Calvary" on my mission, as well as "take a few steps towards heaven". It has brought me closer to my Savior. I know that if we live the gospel. It will all be ok. It will all work out. The Lord has promised us that and I trust in my Lord.
I love you all! Thanks for your constant love, prayers, and emails/letters! It has meant the world and I have really felt your strength! I will talk to you all soon! And the greatest thing you could ever do for me is "Keep the Faith!" Have a stellar week! I love you all!

One Last Time, Lots of Blood, Sweat, Tears, and Love,

Sister Rogers
P.S. Mosiah 2:41 and 2 Timothy 4:7

Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission



Scott's baptism this morning!!!:D


Scott's wife, Scott, us, and the Willard's!:D


My "Surprise, Good-Bye Breakfast" at the Valverde's with all the missionaries in the Wyoming Ward!:D


Our Garage Band! Bahahaha! Trying to practice for "Nearer My God to Thee" for Scott's baptism and when it rained, it poured! So that resulted to us practicing in our garage! #probsnothavingacar #theelderscometous


It's time to go home.....my Michigan flowers fell and died and my Arizona succulents are thriving!:( :D


Got to go to the Chalk-Art Festival this morning for my last P-day at Tanger Outlet Mall! It was BOMB! Dad, I told this guy that he needed to win! #stellar (It would've been better as Superman, but Batman is bomb, too!)

Until Arizona! Love you all!






No comments:

Post a Comment