Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 74: Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Trees!!!

Hey Family and Friends!:D

So if you ever remember singing "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Trees" 🎡🎢🎼in primary when you were younger, come to Michigan in the spring and you will understand the meaning of that song!!! (It was a funny moment when me and Sister Osmond made that connection this week!) I don't know what the tree is even called, but us AZ sisters, have a long way to go when it comes to gardening and learning about flowers and trees. Bahahahaha!:)

We had zone conference this last Wednesday which was a blast! It was on Eli's 11th birthday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELI!!!πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡✨πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ I got to see my old companion, Sister Child (I was with her when me, her, and Sister Nelson were in a trio over a year ago!) It had been about a year since I had seen her, so it was so good to catch up a little bit! I love her!<3
Oh! And at zone conference, our mission presidency got an email that the Michigan Lansing Mission is currently the #1 baptizing mission in 2017 out of 26 missions in the North American Northeast Missions!!!! That's right, the MLM truly is THE GREATEST MISSION IN THE WORLD! (And shout-out to all the MLM'ers at home! This is your mission, too! Be proud!;D )

We did a lot of service this week! It was fun! We organized books with a bunch of Elders and our relief society president, Sister Oliver, at this warehouse. (Meg, you would have been in book heaven. It was crazy. Crates and crates of books without end.) We are suppose to go help them again, because there was no way we finished. We may have only put a little dent in that thing. We also did service at Railside with the old, cute ganders playing bingo, and got a new service opportunity doing office work at the Byron Center Township City Hall! We are meeting some cool people there and that has been fun! Organizing election ballots for days! Haha!:) Oh! We also helped someone pack up so they could move and it confirmed to me that I NEVER, EVER want to be a hoarder. It just isn't worth it, folks.:P

Scott is doing great! He got a blessing from Bishop Openshaw and our ward mission leader, Brother Linford, on Sunday before church. He has cut down on smoking and alcohol so much! We are so proud of him! And he even told us by the end of church, his white shirts are turning yellow because of all the toxins that are coming out of his skin! Gross, but so cool! Keep praying for him, please! We are so proud of him and want him to stay strong in reading his Book of Mormon, as well! He is doing great!:D

We meet with Marla tonight at Panera to "break the fast" with her and have a lesson. We are fasting that she will have a date by April 29th that she can be confident in her decision to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Prayers for us tonight, please! Prayers that Marla will recognize God's answer for her!

I don't know if I have talked about Mickey before, but she is our 70 year old, spunky friend that we are teaching! We are going to do service with her and some members of her church congregation on Wednesday so that should be fun! She unfortunately didn't come to church like she said she would on Sunday, but we are working on her! Prayers she will have an open heart, she may have gotten anti'd!

And prayers for Onna as well....she is on the struggle bus....;( She is still awesome Onna, just having a hard time getting to church!:P

I love you all so much! I love this work! I love the gospel! I love my companion(s) (past and present)! I love Michigan! And I love my Savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father!

"When you reach up to Christ with the same intensity as a drowning person grasping for air, the power of Christ will be yours." -Elder Russell M. Nelson

The Book of Mormon will help you reach to Christ! I can promise you all that in the name of Jesus Christ, as his servant. "And God shall show unto you, that that which I have written is true."(Moroni 10:29)....."And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we we write according to our prophesies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." (2 Nephi 25:26)

Have a stellar week! I love you all!
--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

Sister Child and Sister Gardner! My little sister and baby! Love these girls!:)


The posterity is slowly dying off! I love these sisters!<3


                                                  "Sister Rogers, you have a lot of problems!" -Sister Osmond
(A member did an energy healing on us this morning and these were all the things that are wacked up in my body-allergies, glands, etc. I guess that is what a year and a half of hard work will do to you!;D ) 


(had to include the wonderful pics we get from the members who love our missionaries:)

Just sending you some missionary love from the mitten state! I really enjoyed going on 
dropby's with  Sister Rogers & Osmond today! Here is a cute picture of us with one of their investigators Mickey! Your daughters are fantastic missionaries & it has been so fun getting to spend time with time! Happy Sunday! 🌻

No comments:

Post a Comment