Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 62: Testimonies, Confounding, and the Spirit

Hey Family and Friends!:)

It has been a busy week! I am super nervous because on Thursday we get transfer calls and this will pretty much determine the rest of my mission! High nerves, but other than that, I am doing great! Here's some cool things that happened this week:

-Onna, her mom, Courtney, and her step-dad, Rob all came to church yesterday! So did Lily! Yay!:) 
-Onna saw me bear my testimony and then said to me when I sat down, "I will bear my testimony after I get baptized." I told her, "Ok. You can bear your testimony whenever you want to, though!" 5 minutes passed and she whispered to me, "I think I need to bear my testimony now, but I don't want to go up alone." So I told her to take Sister Mathis and haul her up there too! Haha! Good thing we have companions, right? Her testimony was so beautiful and the spirit was so strong! She did it like a pro!
-Courtney got a blessing from the elders after sacrament meeting because she has been super sick and she was told if she has faith she will get better! It was super cool! She felt the spirit and she was so grateful for the blessing! She is really growing! So proud of her!
-We are starting to teach Courtney and Xavier and we taught them the 10 commandments this week. When we came back the next time, Xaiver was showing us he remembered all the hand signs! It was so cute! (And keep in mind this is the kid who had no belief in God because he bio-dad is atheist.) He told his dad when he came to pick him up from Onna's house, "I like meeting with them." (Talking about us!) It was so cute and made my heart melt because he didn't even want to meet with us at first and he really likes us now!
-We had zone conference this week and it was so good! President told the Grand Rapids Zone how proud he was of us and how it has turned around and is going great! I am so proud of the missionaries in this zone and in our mission! They really are my family!
-We had some funny door knocking experience this week. One was a lady told us, "I already go to the true church and have the fullness of the gospel." And then Sister Mathis replied, "Oh! So you go to our church then?" The look on the lady's face could've killed! I walked away laughing so hard! I asked her if it was by the Spirit and then she said, "It just came out when I opened my mouth!" So even though it was bold and harsh, I guess that lady needed to hear it! And then the other one was this old, Catholic man said to us, "Well my church is 2,000 years old. How long has your church been around?" And then I just opened my mouth and said, "Eternity." It was literally one of those confounding moments were he just laughed, said we won, and then stopped talking to us and walked away. It was so cool! That was definitely not me saying that!

But other than that, life has just been crazy and good! We have seen so many miracles! We really love the new schedule! 2 extra hours on P-day, 30 mins extra to get ready, going to bed an hour earlier, picking when we do companionship study, it is all good! So inspired!

I love you all! Stay tuned to see what happens on Saturday! Have a stellar week!

--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission


Me and my cute compadre at Zone Conference!:)


Matching skirts for $13 at an Outlet Mall! Heck yes we are going to match at Zone Conference!:D


Got to see one of my other sistas! Love her!<3 I am so glad I got to see her! I had 3 companions at that zone conference! So cool! That's when you know you are an oldie!


Said bye to Sister Bates! One of my STL's when I served down in Lansing! Love her!


We weren't the only ones who decided to match!;)


Car selfies cause why not?:D


Super pretty sunrise this morning. Made me think of AZ!


The snow has just been dumping lately! Yay!:D



No comments:

Post a Comment