Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 65: True Conversion

Hey Family and Friends! :)

I feel like I just talked to you yesterday! This last week has been a blur! They seem to fly by faster and faster as home gets closer and closer! We did have trade-offs this week with Holland though and I got to go with Sister Tongi (Sister Vera trained her). We had so much fun! Michigan has been way bipolar these past weeks! Last week it was sunny and in the 60's and then by the end of the week it dumped snow on us, but today it is sunny and the snow has melted! So weird!

But this week I have been thinking a lot about the difference between a testimony and conversion. The definition of a testimony is what you know and believe. The definition of conversion is what you do and who you become. My goal is really to be truly converted to my Savior, Jesus Christ, by the end of my mission. The Grand Rapids Zone Goal this transfer is based on the scriptures Alma 17:2-3. Alma the Younger reunites with the sons of Mosiah after 14 years of doing missionary work and not seeing each other and it tells of his joy seeing "they were still his brethren in the Lord". And the reason they were like that despite hunger, thirst, being bound, cast into prison, smitten, etc. was because they did 3 things. 3 simple things. They SEARCHED their scriptures DILIGENTLY, and given themselves to MUCH prayer and fasting. It isn't enough these days to just read our scriptures on occasion, starve ourselves for 2 meals, and say a prayer. We have to search and ponder our scriptures daily, talk to our Heavenly Father often, and cleanse our bodies for 2 meals to have added strength and power from our Heavenly Father! I challenge you all to pick one of these to work on to more fully become converted and come closer to our Savior. I can promise you all in the name of Jesus Christ that your trials won't disappear or totally go away, but you will be able to have added strength and that strength only comes from above. I love you all and hope you have a stellar week!<3


Remember the church is true and I love you!

<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission


Me and Sister Tongi after a fun day of door knocking! Love this sista!<3


Just a cute posterity pic of me with my granddaughter, daughter, and mother!;D

No comments:

Post a Comment