Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 50: "I'm dreaming of a white........Thanksgiving?!"

Hey Family and Friends!<3

Happy Thanksgiving and Turkey Day! 🦃I hope you all eat wayyyyy more food than you should and have a blast watching "The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" (my favorite!) This last week was awesome! Me and Sister Vera were able to work so hard since we are healthy and doing well! We even got another set of sisters in the Grand Valley Ward and so now me and Sister Vera are over 10 sisters! Super fun and always crazy busy! I am excited to go on trade-offs with them all this transfer! :)

Saturday was our first snow fall for the season and it was FREEZING, but wayyy BEAUTIFUL! I am grateful for the beauty and holiday spirit the snow brings. It was crazy because it was literally 70 degrees on Friday and we were in short sleeve shirts and flats and then the next day, on Saturday, it was 32 degrees, dumping snow, and we were bundled up like sausages!!! That's Michigan for ya! Hahaha! I don't think it can get anymore bipolar than that!;)

I had the coolest experience on Saturday. I was having a rough morning. The snow was giving me anxiety because I knew we were going to have to be out door knocking in it, my hands and feet were already hurting (darn arthritis!), and I was homesick for my family with it being the holiday season. I literally went into my studies with a heavy and sad heart. I can't even explain it to you. It was nothing I read. No verse that stood out to me. No thoughts that I had come to my head. But I literally felt so much peace as I read the Book of Mormon that morning. We go around each day testifying of the peace that the Book of Mormon brings, but I never had a personal experience like I did this cold, dreary day in Grandville, Michigan. I literally had a change of heart and was able to come out of my studies happy and like nothing was wrong.

I know Heavenly Father gave me that experience to help me know of the power of the Book of Mormon. We were able to have a great day! We door knocked for a total of 7 hours that day! (The longest I have ever done in 1 day on my mission!) We were able to talk to and invite 51 people to learn, out of which 6 were interested and we set up return appointments with! We stayed warm, had happy spirits, our comp unity was on POINT, and the Spirit was so strong. I can honestly say our Heavenly Father gave us the spiritual and physical strength we needed to accomplish our mission on Saturday. He knew we could change lives as we humbled ourselves and turned to him. And we did. Or more like he did.

The Book of Mormon is true. If I know anything in this world I know that it is true. It gives us power. And I will be forever grateful for this other testament of Jesus Christ and for the prophet Joseph Smith and all he went through so that we could have this treasure. I love you all and hope you have a STELLAR Thanksgiving! Thank you for your prayers! Remember, keep the faith!
--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

Some of our zone before Elder Mafile'o left last Monday!;(


Our pathway to our apartment!<3


Me and Sister Vera found our new fav, cute, little restaurant called Russ' down the street from us. What we thought was a hole in the wall.....was some of the BEST FOOD EVER!:D


One last picture of the pretty snow!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment