Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Week 49: Happy Holidays...Already...say what?!

Hey Family and Friends!:)

So this week was....ehhh......let's just say staying in the apartment for a week was awful! Poor Sister Vera was super sick! This nastiness is like spreadin' across the whole country right now and I am sick of the sickness! Haha! But all is well now, she is better and we started off yesterday right! :)

We got to hit the ground running yesterday again (well....almost....). Church was great! I finally felt like I knew mostly everyone yesterday and that it was home. It is always a great feeling when you get to that point in an area. :)

We also picked up a new investigator yesterday named Andy! He is awesome! He's in his 50's, a retired dairy farmer, and super religious. He loves God. And he found the Book of Mormon so interesting. He already loves us! He said, "Well.....I never had sisters growing up! Only 3 brothers!" And we said, "Now you do!" I have a good feeling about him. Keep him in your prayers please that he will have strong spiritual experiences as he reads the Book of Mormon and as we meet with him!

Heather is doing great! She finally committed to come to church with us on November 27th and give it a try! Pray she will keep that commitment! And Sy is also doing well! We taught him Saturday night with a member in the ward that speaks Vietnamese! It was super cool! We even got the Book of Mormon in Vietnamese on the gospel library app on his phone! We are going to start reading it with him so that can help him with his English! Pray he will understand it!

Anyways, God is good. I really don't know how much I can emphasize that. He is there. He loves us. He is aware of us and this work is the most important work anyone can do. I was reading Jacob 5:70-72 the other day and it hit me really hard.The Lord is laboring "with us". He isn't letting us do this by ourselves. If we were left to ourselves we would epicly fail. But with him we can epicly win! I love my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I love this gospel. And I love the Greatest Mission In The World, The Michigan Lansing Mission!<3

--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

Our crazy awesome Hasting's district....and the Spanish Elders too....hahaha! We are going to miss our stellar, Samoan, district leader Elder Mafile'o. He is going back to Hawaii!;(


Merry Christmas from a sick (meaning cool and physically sick) reindeer! Bahahahaha!


Got to see my momma for the first time in 6 months when we went down to Lansing for MLC (training for leaders in the mission). So weird being back to my old area and we died when we saw each other! Love her!<3 


Sounds familiar.........just can't put my finger on it.....


Trade-offs with my child! Just like old times! Love her!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment