Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 43: Best TV Show Ever!;) (A.K.A. General Conference)

Hey Family and Friends!:D

Isn't General Conference just the most wonderful thing in the world?! I am so grateful for our prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and his 12 apostles. I am so grateful for all our general authorities who spoke! I needed it! It has been a crazy week.....here are some of the wonderful stories that took place....

1.) We went to Art Prize last Monday for our P-day with the Elders! It is so cool! It's an art competition that they do downtown and it is amazing! One of the members' daughters from my last area even had some art in it that I got to see.:) (Noah, I will send you a ton of pics! You would have been in WONDERLAND! I am going to take you next year!;) )

2.) We got our car towed.......we were looking so hard for a place to park at Art Prize that we didn't have to pay and we thought we were good. Well....until we come back to a empty parking spot.....(sorry, dad....you may get a call soon). Haha. Let's just say it is still a little fresh....maybe in a couple weeks we will laugh about it.

3.) MIRACLE. Floyd called us this morning and wants to meet on Friday! Fingers crossed and please keep the prayers coming! He finally moved out of his sisters' apartment and got his phone working! Now we are just hoping to get him confirmed on Sunday!<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers! I really feel like everyone home in AZ is praying for him and we are BEYOND grateful!:) It literally brings tears to my eyes.

4.) Aster sadly dropped us. She said, "I am not emotionally stable right now and I figured out my dad was a Mormon and that is just too much for me!" (I guess her dad was not a good man.) Super sad! But we still love her and pray for her! She doesn't believe she can quit smoking and drinking coffee as well to become Mormon! My friends, listen to me when I tell you this....YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO. With God on your side, you won't ever fail! Promise!

5.) We have been doing lots of door knocking because our investigators have either dropped us or we have had to drop them due to them not progressing. Super sad, but door knocking is a blast!:) So it's all good! I know we will find more people that the Lord has prepared as we are diligent!

Anyways, so it has been an eventful week! But General Conference really touched my heart! My favorite talks were Elder Russell M. Nelson's about joy, Elder Robert D. Hales about the Savior loving us and being our caregiver, and Elder Ronald A. Rasband's talk about not forgetting spiritual experiences. Here are some of my favorite quotes from them.

Elder Russell M. Nelson:
- We are to have joy in our lives? "Yes! The answer is a resounding, YES!"
- "It [joy] has everything to do with the focus of our lives."
-"For Latter-day Saints, Jesus Christ is joy." 
-"None but Saints can be happy in every circumstance."
-"Joy is what helped him [Jesus] endure the cross."
-"I have learned to suffer with joy."

This was probably one of my favorite talks! I just adore him!<3

Elder Robert D. Hales:
-"If we love the Savior more, will we suffer less?" 
-"Let the Savior be your caregiver."
-"We loved him because he loved us first."
-"Even in our trials, we can feel love and peace."

Elder Ronald A. Rasband:
-"Never ignore or question spiritual experiences!" (That is Satan trying to get you to do that!)
-"In the midst of life's greatest storms, DO NOT FORGET!" 
-"No mistake, sin, or choice will change God's love for us."

I love you all so much! I love this gospel and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ! Thank you for you thoughts and prayers! I feel them! Have a STELLAR week!<3:D


--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

Me by a cool elephant at Art Prize!:D


Art from one of my friends! So beautiful!<3


My favorite piece of art! Pegasus made out of thousands of fishing hooks with lights put at just the right angle to make them sparkle!:D


A wheelchair made out of army men glued together!!!!!!


A piece of the Berlin Wall


Another cool elephant (Not sure the reason why there were so many elephants...haha!)


In Rockford by a cool looking train!:)


Love my sis!<3 (Rumor has it we are separating! ;( We will figure out on Friday!)


Downtown Grand Rapids when we went to Art Prize! It really is beautiful!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment