Saturday, October 8, 2016

Week 44: STL.....SAY WHAT?!

Hey Family and Friends!:D

So CRAZY news! I am getting transferred AGAIN! Haha! I am moving next door to Wyoming (still in the stake and in Michigan :) and becoming a Sister Training Leader for the Grand Rapids Zone. It's going to be my 4th area and 8th companion in 10 months! I am PUMPED though! Sister Vera is going to be my companion, and she was actually companions with Sister Lau (one of my other companions) and so I already know her! :D It is so exciting! And Sister Gardner...my baby...is training!!!! And I get to be her STL still so I get to go on trade-offs with my daughter and granddaughter (mission lingo). We were so excited we were staying so close together that we got teary eyed when President called us this morning! I don't know why I move areas so much or why I have had so many companions, but I trust the Lord and I have LOVED EVERY area I have served in and every companion I have had. I am so blessed to have such a big family out here in Michigan!<3

Elder and Sister Brent H. Nielsen from the quorum of the seventy and missionary head of the church came and spoke to us at our zone conference on Thursday and it was AMAZING! Me and Sister Gardner at lunch were even sitting at a table and they came and sat by us and talked to us. Sister Gardner even got to be interviewed by him, lucky girl! Amazing people, full of the Spirit. It was exactly what our mission needed. I know that. Elder Nielsen talked a lot about the atonement and how we use the redeeming AND enabling power of it every day of our lives. He talked about how we know the redeeming power is used for repentance and being forgiven of our sins, but how often do we remember that the enabling power is for Saints that are living righteous lives? I love it! I have definitely realized that "submitting cheerfully" is the way to use the enabling power of the atonement in our lives. He based his lesson off of 2 talks from Elder David A. Bednar that I recommend everyone to read! The talks are "Bear Up Their Burdens With Ease" and "The Atonement and Journey of Mortality"! They are wonderful talks and that is my challenge to you this week! Read or listen to them! Please! They will change your life and the way you see Christ's atonement! Here are some of my favorite quotes/lessons I learned from Zone Conference.

-"Holiness blooms out of opposition."
-"I can work with this storm with small adjustments."
-"God will give it to you in the moment you need it."
-"It's by doing hard things that great things come to pass."
-"Look to heaven."
-"You thought you were assigned to Lansing, well you were also assigned to President and Sister Jacobsen!" (All us missionaries were teary eyed when he said that! I know that to be true!)
-"You are better than you think you are."
-"Bloom where you are planted."
-"You look happy. You look content. And you should be."
-I can do diversity.
-We can't change the heat, but we can change ourselves.

I love my mission. I love my Savior. And I love this work. There is nothing more important. Remember that. "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." (Matthew 7:14) My friends and family, be one of those few.
I love you all! Have a stellar week!:D 

--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment