Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Week 35: Faith is Greater Than Knowledge

Hey Family and Friends!:D

So this week has been crazy busy and tiring, but really fun! We have been on car fast this whole week and man.....I can actually get tan......well some color more like....bahahahaha! We have had our fair share of exercise this week that is for sure! Luckily we have wonderful members to give us rides as well though!:) And we got the car back yesterday so that helps!;)

Oh! And so many miracles happened this week! We picked up our first investigator and her name is Samantha! Super sweet, mid 20's, with little background in religion; however, she is super open and we are hoping she stays solid. :) Keep her in your prayers please! We have only seen her once so far but we meet with her again on Wednesday. She just moved to Kentwood and lives down the street from us. She has 3 cute kids and lives with her boyfriend and we are super excited to keep teaching her!:)

We also had the miracle of Sis.Zacha coming to church yesterday! Crazy story: We promised her blessings the last time we saw her and told her despite her health issues, if she came to church the Lord would bless her health and she would feel good and happy. Well she said she was feeling great yesterday morning when all of the sudden right before she left she started feeling nauseous! Satan is such a dog! But she remembered our promise and pushed thorough! She only made it to sacrament meeting because she is slowly easing into all 3 hours, but we were so proud of her! She also has been reading the Book of Mormon like crazy and she's already in the 20's in 1 Nephi! We told her we can tell she seems happier, and she said she does! Love her!<3

We also met with a new less active this week named Jodi Johnson. She had two cute kids: Jaden-11 and Jennica-8. Jaden has been baptized already, but Jennica hasn't. We are trying to get them back to church first and then we are going to see if Jodi wants Jennica baptized and if she's ok with getting the lessons. But the kids are adorable! Just super crazy! And Jodi has had a rough life! She got in a car accident when she was 13 so she has an internal brain injury, but she has the sweetest heart. She works as an activities director for an assisting living center. We are praying she will come to church this next Sunday!:)

I also had my last trade off with my fav STL, Sister Young this week!;( I love her so much. I got to go to Wyoming for a day while Sister Vera came to Grand Rapids with Sister Gardner. It was fun, but I can't believe Sister Young goes home after this next transfer. She was my first STL and she has been such a good example to me. It just shows me how fast a mission flies by. It feels like just yesterday she was on trade-offs with me in Lansing on my 2nd week out in the field.

We also had a killer Zone P-day this last Monday and did a ton of games. We even carried elders.....well...not literally......we carried them in blankets.....with the other elders helping us.....haha.....we are strong.....4 of us carrying 200 pound elders.......bahahahaha! SO fun! 

But this week I have a strong testimony of faith. Faith is what has helped me my whole mission. My whole life to gain the testimony I have today. I am so grateful for all my trials and doubts because it makes me fight for my testimony and what's right. It makes me rely on my Father in Heaven even more and my Savior, Jesus Christ, and his enabling atonement. I was reading in Numbers 16 in the bible this week and in verse 5 it says, "....and will cause him to come near unto him: even him whom he hath chosen will he cause to come near unto him." My Heavenly Father has caused me to come near to him through the trials I have experienced on my mission. They have humbled me. Even his chosen servants (missionaries) experience hardships. No one is exempt. And how grateful I am for those trials. But "....as thou has believed, so it be done unto thee." (Matthew 8: 13) Keep believing. Keep the faith. I love you all! Have a STELLAR week!

--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment