Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 32: Transfers are coming......*gulp*......

Hey Family and Friends!:D

I hope you all had a stellar week! Me and Sister Trent are flu-free which is awesome! 4 days locked up in a missionary apartment is torture. I think I slept more those 4 days than my whole mission.;) Always nice to catch up on some sleep, but never fun to be sick. 

We also had zone conference this last week which was awesome!:D  I have so much love for President and Sister Jacobsen and it just grows every day. The 10 sisters in our zone had to sing in front of all the rest of the elders in our zone! Bahahaha! But it sounded really good! I am proud of us! :) 

There was also a crazy storm this week too! East Lansing got hit hard with 65 mile per hour wind. Trees were knocked down, leaves everywhere, power shut off in a TON of people's' homes. It was crazy. Luckily, Okemos was safe so we were all good. :) 

I honestly love this area and the members in our ward. They help us so much, feed us a ton (the other day members took us to Red Robin....I haven't been there in ages!!!!!), give us rides, come to lessons with us. And I am terrified I am going to get transferred. I spent 2 1/2 transfers in Lansing and now 2 1/2 transfers in Meridian, and by way President sounded in his email to me, I may be outta here on Monday.:( We get transfer calls on Friday....I guess I will just have to wait and see! Luckily, the Lord knows best! Right?!

And this area is still doing great! We are just working on getting our gators to church! That seems to be the struggle! But it was cool because we had a lesson with Ron and he said, "I went to drink tea, and then I knocked it all down the drain on accident and that was the last of it! I think it was a sign from Heavenly Father." Hahaha! We were so grateful he noticed that! And then Paul's doing really good! We are just trying to see if he can get to church in Grand Rapids since he goes there every Sunday. And then we are teaching Crystal and she is doing good! Church, church, church! That's what we are praying for! Keep my lovely siblings in your prayers please! And pray they will have a willing and open heart to come to church!

And maybe even pray Sister Rogers will stay in Meridian.....;) 

Love you all and I hope you have a stellar week!<3 I will talk to you on Saturday again this week! Good ol' 2 P-day weeks!;) Haha!

--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

This is Isaiah! He is 6 and is the youngest out of 5!;) He kept asking to take a picture with us. And he runs up and gives us hugs every time we see him. (Excuse our crazy hair. We had walked 5 miles straight that day to get to the Elders area from ours and it was humid and stormy. That was the day of the storm so we got rained on a little. Haha.)


So we are teaching this less active family in our ward named the Edwards and helping them get to the temple to get sealed! WE ADORE THEM! They have been coming back to church with us and they are from AZ! Well...they lived there for a while. Brother Edwards is originally from Jamaica and makes us the best food ever! This is curry! Mmmmmmm.......When we asked what days work best for us to come back they said, "Just put us down for every Friday and bring an appetite when you come!" I just love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment