Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Week 8: Not so Green anymore!!!:D

Family and Friends!:)

I made it to my 2nd transfer and I am still alive and breathing!:D I have learned so much and become such a better person just in the past 2 months! I can't wait to keep growing and learning with the help of the Lord. Here are Momma's questions for the week:

1.) When was your zone conference and how was it?

It was a week and a half ago and it was so good! I told you one of my favorite quotes was from my AZ elder (who goes home like any day now:( ), Elder Marley,...."It's not prideful! It's true!" I learned so much though! So good!:)

2.) Are you guys getting any of those huge snow storms that we're hearing about in the east?

Not yet.....gulp......

3.) How are Virginie, Steven, and the Vanegas' doing? Any other investigators?

Viginie is doing great! We are still teaching here and she just LOVES us and we LOVE her and Julia! They always hate when we have to leave and she bought us dinner last time we went over for a lesson just so we could stay longer!;)

Steven is ON FIRE! Me and Sister Nelson are putting him on date next lesson (tomorrow). He came to church and LOVED it! He told us he loves how family oriented the church is and how welcome he felt! He is so open to learning and has so much faith!

The Vanegas'.....just pray for them....we have a lesson tonight and we aren't sure what's going to happen. They are really struggling.

And then we taught Abe and Hun yesterday! They are from China and Abe has so much faith! Abe is the dad and Hun is his 13 year old son! We taught them the restoration yesterday and when I asked Abe if he believes that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ could appear to a 14 year old boy he said, "Yes." with like not even a moment of hesitation. He has so much faith! I love it! They are planning on coming to church this next week!

4.) Service this week?

Just a butt load of finding! But it's so fun!:) Love it!

5.) Have you been able to go to the temple yet? When do you think you'll go?

Nope...:( And I have no idea! We are allowed to go once every 6 months but it is hard to coordinate! Treasure your time at the temple because you are sooooo lucky! I miss it so much!

6.) If you & Sister Nelson had a motto or quote or funny name or something.....what would it be?

"Suck eggs"....Bahahaha! Don't ask!;)

7.) Ponderize scripture:

2 Nephi 2! I love how much it talks about the atonement! I can't even express to you how much my testimony of the atonement has grown on my mission! I am so beyond grateful I will never even be able to express it!<3 I hope serving a mission is showing the Lord just an ounce of my gratitude.

Well I love you all and thank you for sending me some AZ sun! Michigan needs some for sure!:)



-- 
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission



This is my only pic for the week! Haha! Sorry I didn't take more! But this is pretty funny!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment