Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 1: What Christmas Is Really About.

Family and Friends! I miss and love you guys so much you don't even know!<3

The first couple days at the MTC are SO CRAZY! I have only been here 6 days, but our district is so close that it feels like we have known each other for years! Mom typed out some questions, so I will answer those first and then try and hurry and add other stuff! I only have an hour though so if I don't get back to all of you, know I will next week!

1.) How was my first day?

My first day was SO MUCH FUN! I was a little anxious, but meeting my companion totally calmed me down! The flight was good! There were a total of about 20 missionaries on our flight to the MTC! And I sat right next to an Elder I went to high school with and he is going to my same mission! There are no such thing as coincidences though!;) I found Josh and after loosing my luggage and finding it (the Lord is amazing) we went to eat at Costa Vida and then he took me to the MTC!

2.) Tell us about your companion and district...

My companion is Sis.Sheppard and she is from Roseville, CA. We are both going to the SAME mission!!! So exciting! And we are so much alike it is creepy! Here is a list of all the things we have in common......both going to the same mission, both lactose intolerant, both love to run, both cut our long hair before our missions, both of our birthday's are in October, the list goes on......And our district is SO CLOSE! There are 4 elders and 4 sisters! The first day the Elders said that they weren't going to cry when we leave and now they are admitting it! They say they want to "distance" themselves from just so we can grow apart before we all leave.....but they are just kidding!;) They help me be happy and learn to laugh and not be so hard on myself. I love them. They are my family here. I will tell you more about our district later! 

3.) What's your schedule like?

CRAZY! It is different every day. We usually wake up anytime from 6-6:30 and then get to bed at like 10:30-11. I have never had so much energy though! The Lord is truly blessing me and Emergen-C is one of my best friends!;)

4.) How's the famous MTC food?

It is pretty good! There is a big variety and I have been eating pretty good! I have lost weight though! Our whole district has. Walking, stairs, and more walking does that to you! And working out all the time!

5.) What's your favorite thing you have learned so far?

It is pretty simple, but the gospel is too!;) Just that I don't have to be perfect to be a successful missionary and the Lord loves me so much. I can literally feel the Savior walking these hallways with me and lifting me up on hard days!

6.) Have you gotten to listen to any great speakers so far?

We watched the 1st Presidency Christmas Devotional and that was amazing! And we got to watch Elder Bednar give an old, MTC devotional called "Character of Christ."  "The Lord turns out, when the natural man turns in." -Elder Bednar

7.) How are you adjusting to the weather?

It is nice and cold! and super dry! I have been using a lot of lotion! The first couple days my face was like flaking off!;) It is good now though!

8.) Do you feel like your testimony has grown since being there?

My testimony has definitely grown in these last 6 days. I know this church is true or I wouldn't be out here! Joseph Smith restored the Church. Jesus Christ died for us because he loves us so deeply that we can't even come to understand it. We have a prophet who loves us and gives us revelation from God. I know if you keep the commandments you will be blessed because I have seen so many miracles while being here. Keep pushing even when life gets hard and pray! Your Heavenly Father hears and answers your prayers! 


I have so much more I want to write about.....my branch president is amazing and I can talk to him about anything! His name is President Gines and he truly exemplifies Christlike love. I love the pictures from the showcase, Meg! I am sure you and Gabe rocked it! Send me more when you can! Ez, I have already spilled on myself and me and our district have rubber bands and every time we say a "bad" word we have to snap each other! It is so funny! My camera broke, I actually threw it away......sorry Dad! I got my sim card out though! I can't send any pictures from my camera until I get a new one because there is no where to plug my USB cord in. So I will send you some next week! I have a few from an Elder in our district though so I will send you those! It is pictures of us on our temple walk yesterday and then we got to go do an endowment session this morning! The Provo temple is beautiful and the Spirit was so strong! It was also amazing to go with my district! Go to the temple more often you guys! It will bless you so much! 

I love you guys more then you know! Sorry I can't get back to all of you today, but know I love you! But more importantly, your Heavenly Father loves you more than you can even comprehend. Be obedient. Keep the commandments and blessing will come. If not know, then later. Trust God and your Heavenly Father! They have a plan for you that will make you more happy then you could ever imagine! I am having the time of my life and this truly is the best two years (of year and a half!) for my life! Talk to you all next week!


Riley's District (minus two elders)  Sis. Sheppard is in the red next to Riley.


Riley's Zone

--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment