Monday, December 21, 2015

WEEK 3: MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM YOUR FAVORITE MICHIGANARIES!!!

Hey family and friends! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! How exciting is it that Christmas is in 5 days! It is so rainy here and it snowed the other day so it really does feel like Christmas! Ok, here are Mom's questions and then I will add anything I can think of!

1.) How was your flight and who was with you?

My flight was awesome! 10 other missionaries, including my companion and the sisters in my MTC district. Along with a ton of elders from our zone. I new them all except 2 of them! So we had a long, tired, FUN day!:)

2.) How is Michigan and what have I noticed?

People are SO NICE here! I don't know what's in the water.....but I like it! And the weather is cold and more humid, but beautiful! The wind bites though!

3.) How was your first day?

My first day was exhausting but so fun! My trainer is Sister Nelson and she is from Utah! She is SO SWEET! and I couldn't have asked for a better trainer. We had training for the large part of the day and then went door knocking and had fun! Sister Nelson said she was so impressed with me and doesn't even really feel like she is training!:)

4.) Introduce us to your Mission President, his wife, and your companion.

President and Sister Jacobsen were made for me! I just love them!:) They are so sweet, kind, and understanding! But they expect a lot out of us! Our mottos in this mission are, "We are family." and "We can do hard things." Those two lines alone made me realize this is exactly the mission I need to be at, and at this time. I love those mottos! Sister Nelson like I said earlier is the bomb and she is the best "mom" ever! I love her!

5.) What ward are you in? Have you connected with anyone yet?

I am in the Lansing ward and in the Lansing stake. I met a ton of people at church yesterday and they are all so sweet! We have crazy dinner appointments this week....so you could say they love us!;) Don't worry....I am not getting fat.;) We have cars every other week, so you could say we walk A LOT! Or we can sometimes get members to drive us! This week we don't have a car though so it has been just a little crazy! I weighed myself yesterday and I have lost 10 pounds since I have come out on my mission! Nothing wrong with that!:) And don't worry Mom and Dad, we are fed well!

6.) Any investigators yet?

We have gotten a lot of potentials knocking which is AWESOME! One named Mackenzie and she was so interested! She is 18 and we are excited to teach her! She even said she was interested in religion! And then a couple other kind people as well!

7.) What have you learned so far?

I have learned how much the Lord blesses us in our every day lives and WE DON'T NOTICE IT! Not because we aren't grateful, but because we have other things on our mind. So watch each day for tender mercies! I notice them so much more on my mission because I am constantly looking for them! But look for them each day this week and pray because of your gratitude!:) You will feel so much more blessed and be so much more happy!

8.) Is there anyone we can pray for?

Pray for Mackenzie please that we can meet with her and her heart will be opened! Thank you!

9.) Missionary miracles?

Like I said.....EVERY DAY, ALL THE TIME! There are too many to count or even remember!

10.) A scripture to ponderize:

Luke 2! It is the week of Christ's birth! Study up on it and look for things you haven't noticed before! Also I love Matthew 2:8. Even though an evil King is talking, it has powerful truths it in! (You will get what I mean when you read it.)

11.) How has your testimony grown so far?

My testimony has grown immensely in the past 3 weeks! Around Christmas time it is hard to remember Christ in everything you do with the hustle and bustle of a holiday "to do" list. But I have learned being out on my mission how much Christ is the center of everything we do, are, and can become. He lives and he loves us. And Heavenly Father does as well. That is why he sent his son to this earth. So ultimately we can return and live with them again someday through the hope of the atonement. Don't forget what Christmas is really about! I know it is easy to get wrapped up in every day life! But take a moment and ponder on where you have seen Christ this Christmas.



Awesome questions! Thanks mom! You got most of what I was going to say! Here is my address though! I love to get letters and packages! And if you write me a letter I can get back to you more/faster!

500 W. Lake Lansing Rd. Apt. B-26
East Lansing, MI 48823

I love you all very much! Thank you for your constant love, prayers, and support! Have a very Merry Christmas! And remember to spread the love of Christ this holiday season!


Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission



My cute apartment! (I promise I am not getting fat, even though I look like it in this pic! HA!)


Out working hard and knocking!!!:)


Mackenzie's puppy named Phoenix! I was IN LOVE! He was meant for me!:)


My beautiful home!<3


More of the gorgeousness!:)


And snowing.....and windy....and door knocking......


Oh Christmas tree...Oh Christmas tree......


Our cute lights! (Thanks Mom!)


Our cute little tree and my presents!:) (Thanks Mom and Dad!)







No comments:

Post a Comment