Tuesday, December 27, 2016

MERRY LATE CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY EARLY NEW YEAR!

Hey Family and Friends!<3

I hope you had all your wildest dreams come true on Christmas and hope you all have a Happy New Year!🎆🎇🎊🎉 I know I have made some killer, awesome 2017 goals! Especially to end strong the last 6 months of my mission (or it's actually less than that now)! :/ Here are some of the craziness that has happened the last week:) :

-The Wyoming 3 Elders, Elder Julander and Anderson, had a baptism! His name is Yunuen and he is legit! He even got to be confirmed on Christmas! Best Christmas present ever!:)

-Got to go caroling with our ward mission leader, Brother Linford, and his family! They are awesome and we love them! (P.S. Caroling is the best way to find EVER!)

-Had our half-mission Christmas party where the Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and some of the Lansing Zones got together here in Grand Rapids and had a party! It was so much fun!:)

-Went to Hasting's (our District Leader's) baptism on Christmas Eve! Maybe even the most spiritual baptism I have been to on my mission! After 12 years of going to church with his active wife, one son just got home from a mission, one son is just leaving on a mission, and one son is getting married in the temple today!, Chris Patterson came home from work a couple weeks ago and told his wife that he was ready and it was time for him to be baptized. The spirit and tears at that baptism was unreal! Such an amazing Christmas gift to me!<3

-Had trade-offs with Ludington and got to spend the day here in Wyoming with the awesome Sister Nording!:) I learned so much from her! She has such a calming and peaceful spirit about her and she is such a hard worker! I think I needed that trade-off more than she did!;)

-Andy (one of our investigators) called us a couple days before Christmas saying he hadn't forgot about us! He is just having crazy family problems and the holidays have been keeping him busy! He said he wanted to meet with us after January 1st! Such a tender mercy and miracle!:)

-Christmas Eve was spent eating Mexican food, a.k.a. deep fried chimichangas (spelled something like that...haha), at the Openshaw's with a ton of their family and the elders!

-Christmas Day was spent having breakfast with the elders at the church (before church), our beautiful Christmas program, going to the Coipel's where they gave us a gift and stoking (so nice!), ate brunch (SO MUCH FOOD!), AND GOT TO SKYPE OUR FAMILIES! BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER! Then we got to go eat dinner, play games, and chill with the elders at the Valverde's home for the rest of the night!

I have had such an amazing last Christmas on my mission! I have been so blessed to come serve in "The Greatest Mission in The World" and I am pumped to keep sharing the light of the world, our Savior Jesus Christ, this season! Love you all and hope you have a STELLAR New Year!:)

--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission



                    Merry Christmas from our ugly Christmas sweaters and the huge Christmas trees at the mall! Haha!:)



Got to see my homie, Sister Mathis, who I served in Lansing with at the Half-Mission Christmas Party! Love her!<3 Haha! (And she may kill me for sending this home!)


Christmas Day with my gorgeous companion, Sister Vera! We are hoping that we stay together this next transfer! We figure out on Friday (New Year's Eve!!!)


Us at Half Mission Christmas Party!:) (P.S. Transfers are the day before New Year's Eve...opppsss...)


Another from Half-Mission


So all of these wonderful sisters are in my family tree and related to me somehow! (We were just missing my momma and a couple other sisters that were in the other half mission!)


And a crazy one....because that is all families.....;)


No comments:

Post a Comment