Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 41: Book of Mormon Stories:) (Are the BEST!)

Hey Family and Friends!:)

Another week has come and gone! We were able to have interviews with President this week! Him and Sister Jacobsen came up from Lansing! It was so fun to see them! I miss seeing them literally almost on a daily basis. Haha. But life in G-Rap is going good! We have done a ton of door knocking this last week and found a ton of new people to teach which is awesome!:) We have sadly had to drop some investigators lately that haven't been progressing or getting back to us. Arul left to India for a month and he is hoping we are still here when he gets back because he is totally wanting to be baptized! Fingers crossed we will be here! So it is a tender mercy we are finding so many people that are interested because we are running low on solid investigators.:)

Floyd is still going strong. Crazy story.....so he wasn't at church yesterday and we were freaking out. They even announced his baptism in sacrament. Well, we call him. Turns out he accidentally woke up late and then he figured out someone stole $800 from him! He is still good to get baptized though! We got permission since he has come to church 5/6 times since we have met him! But it just goes to show how real Satan is and how true the church is! Grrrrr! Satan is a dog! But we taught him tithing this last week and it was so cool because he said, "10% is nothing. I could even pay more than that." He is so cool! Such great faith! We adore him!:D

Other than that, nothing else too exciting! Just the cool little miracles and tender mercies we see ALL. THE. TIME. I got Sister Gardner sick this last week so we were in on Tuesday for a bit. Luckily members take such good care of us and bring us medicine, food, movies, etc. Haha! But we are healthy and ready to get back on our game! I also forgot to say we taught Jenni on Tuesday and brought a member with us and it was SUCH a good lesson. She is still really involved in her church, but we are hoping that changes. I bore my testimony after we taught the Plan of Salvation and started bawling and I told her I think I knew her from the spirit world. I couldn't believe I said that and I was in shock, but she started crying too. I knew Jenni before this life. That I know without a doubt. Now we just have to get her baptized. Haha. She is like a cute grandma to me! She even feeds us this yummy, gourmet lunch every time we go teach her. :)

I was reading 1 Nephi 16 this last week because I have started the Book of Mormon over and it is SO COOL. I love the Book of Mormon. I got a brand new Book of Mormon and I am highlighting everything that describes the "Character of Christ" and I feel like I am getting so much out of it! I was reading in 1 Nephi 16: 20-23 and it is SO GOOD. It is the part where Nephi's bow breaks and his brothers and even his father, Lehi, (the prophet), are murmuring against the Lord because they can't get food.

Verse 20: "And it came to pass that Laman and Lemuel and the sons of Ishmael did begin to murmur exceedingly, because of their sufferings and afflictions in the wilderness; and also my father began to murmur against the Lord his God; yea, and they were all exceedingly sorrowful, even that they did murmur against the Lord."
BUT NEPHI DOESN'T EVEN MURMUR. HE THINKS OF PLAN B!

Verse 23: "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did make out of wood a bow, and out of a straight stick, an arrow; wherefore, I did arm myself with a bow and an arrow, with a sling and with stones. And I said unto my father: Whither shall I go to obtain food?"

Nephi is such an amazing example. His whole family, even the prophet, murmurs against the Lord and he stands steadfast in his testimony that the Lord will help and bless him. "The Lord helps those who help themselves." One of my favorite quotes and that's exactly what Nephi does. He helps himself by making a bow and arrow and turning in the Lord. He is even humble enough to ask his father, the prophet, who was complaining at the time, to know where to go to find food.

What great faith. In return.....

Verse 29: "....We see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things."

They found food and were blessed because they humbled themselves and repented (verse 24). I love the Book of Mormon. I love the prophet, Nephi for his example to us. I love my mission and that I can be out here in Michigan teaching people about Nephi and this wonderful account of Jesus Christ. Now last time I checked you aren't starving for food. And even in that time Nephi had faith. But whatever you are going through I know the Lord loves us and will help us. He always does and always will. Keep the faith! I love you all and hope you have a STELLAR week!<3



Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

So I am lame and this is the only picture I have from this week. But I thought it was amazing. This is in our neighborhood. Michigan fall is GORGEOUS! My child keeps making fun of me saying I look like a tourist taking pictures of trees....but if you lived in AZ most of your life watching cacti....you would be pretty amazed as well! Bahahaha!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment