Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 21:Fun in the Ghetto!:D #toowhiteforSouthLansing

So I am super white....as you all know....and we get part of South Lansing in our area (as well as Okemos) and South Lansing is so fun! Haha! I have some crazy stories for when I get home! Haha! But people are so humble and kind when they come from rough backgrounds and circumstances, I LOVE it! I have met some awesome people and have learned a lot from serving in this area! I have picked up some street smarts, too! (Believe it or not!) Haha!

1.) How's David doing? And did you get to meet with Jesslyn again? New investigators? 

David's doing good! He came to church for the first time on Sunday! He's no longer on date because he needs to build his testimony a little more! But I feel so much better that he is taking it slow and seriously so he can really build his foundation instead of jumping into it!:)

Jesslyn was busy this week so we meet with her on Saturday!:)

And then we are teaching two new investigators! Russell and Timmy! They are stellar! I don't have much time to write all about them today, but just keep them in your prayers please!

2.) Have you made any special connections with the ward members there so far?

Yes! I love this ward! I think I will feel that way about every ward I serve in though! (At least I hope!)

3.) It looks like Sister Lau likes to cook. Have your cooking skills improved? Do you guys get fed often?

Sister Lau does like to cook! We cook healthy things! And my cooking skills have improved! (They were never bad, Mom. Haha!;) )We don't have much time to make things, but we still do! And we do get fed quite a bit by members! Probably like 5 times a week! And they are stellar about not feeding me dairy! Haha! Everyone loves to ask us what we want and whenever we say, "MEXICAN FOOD!" They laugh and say that we probably miss having REAL mexican food! And we always nod in agreement! Haha!

4.) Completely random.....If you could choose one food you totally miss from home right now, what would it be?

BAHAHAHA! Mexican food! I didn't even see this question, so I guess I already answered it! But just REAL, AUTHENTIC, Mexican food!:)

5.) Are you happy to be serving?

Never been happier and shed more tears in all my 19 years of living! I love seeing people's eyes light up when they know their is hope through our Savior, Jesus Christ. There is no better feeling! One of my old companions said it best, "My mission can't be described in words, only tears."

I am SO STOKED to see my STELLAR family in 13 days! (Not like I am counting or anything!) I love you all and remember you are in my prayers! Thanks for all your prayers, email, and love! They mean the world! Have a STELLAR week!<3

Love,
Your Favorite Sister Missionary;)
--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

This is the only picture this week! Sorry! But I love my district! Our district leader and one Elder in our ward are getting transferred today and I might cry! They have both been in my district since I have been out here on my mission! Sad day!:(



No comments:

Post a Comment