Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 20: The Sun Actually Shines Here?...

This week has been wonderful! We had zone conference and it was so good! We talked a lot about testifying and inviting people to learn boldly and I have seen SO MANY miracles this week because of that. I testified to a man after he said he wasn't interested about how Heavenly Father has a plan for him and this gospel will bless his life and make him happy and he just started spewing out his number to me right when I finished. I also testified to a lady who was trying to argue with me and say that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost were one and you could tell she felt the spirit. She calmed down and wasn't as riled up. She also couldn't argue with us after that. She was a mess of words. It was exactly like the scripture says, "Men shall be confounded..." (or along those lines) as we testify of Christ. Well here are Momma's "questions of the week":

1.) How is David doing? Any successes this past week?

David is doing great! He came to a baptism on Saturday for this little boy in our ward who is like in love with me (not to brag or anything). We eat dinner with their family once a week and every time I went over, he kept asking if I would be at his baptism. Haha! And then the elders in the ward even called a couple days before and said that we better be coming or he would freak out! Haha! But David really liked the baptism and I know he felt the Spirit. We are just working on building his testimony. Keep him in your prayers please!

We also taught a new lady named, Jesslyn, who we door knocked into. She is the sweetest and is of the Bahai faith. Strange thing about their faith. When we met her she already knew about the Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, and Book of Mormon. They base the belief of their prophet off a scripture in the Doctrine in Covenants. So strange! But she wants to keep learning more so we are excited to see where it goes! Her family is adorable as well! She has a 19 year old girl, 14 year old boy, and 6 year old girl who is a ball of fire! She is hilarious and adorable! Her name is Hyacinth (like the flower!):) Keep Jesslyn in your prayers as well please to have an open and softened heart so that she will have the desire to be baptized when we see her this next week.

2.) What blessings do you think you've gained this week from your mission?

More love for people. Especially the people who slam the door in our face, get mad at us, or tell us that we are crazy. It just helps my testimony grow and helps me feel closer to my Savior. And also, patience! My family knows I am not a patience person, but you have to be out here! With others, but maybe even more importantly with ourselves! 

3.) Everyone ALWAYS mentions how happy you look, Sister Rogers! What do you say to that? What makes you the happiest about serving?

Mosiah 2:17 and Mosiah 2:41:)

4.) Ponderize Scripture:

"And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another." -Mosiah 18:21

Love others! It just makes life so much better! And more fun!:)

Love you all so much! Keep striving to come closer to your Savior each and every day! And have a STELLAR week!;)

--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission

A red truck I found and I DIED!:O I just got lucky seeing beautiful cars this week! (Anyone who knows me well knows that vintage, Ford trucks are my fav! Especially red and blue ones!)


Zone Conference! We decided to match!;)


Me with a beautiful VW Bug!<3 I asked the guy if I could take a picture next to it and he said yes!:)


On trade-offs with Sister Young! She came to Meridian and a member named Mallory took us out for ice cream! Love her!<3 (And yes....the sun is out....and yes....I got fried....and yes....I bought sunscreen today, Dad....) ;)


We were tired, and looking in the sun. But I love her and had to take a pic!:)


FLOWERS ARE BLOOMING!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment