Thursday, March 16, 2017

Week 68:100 Days...but Who's Counting?....

Hey Family and Friends!<3

Ok....so this subject line may make me sound like the trunkiest missionary you have ever known in your life....but quite frankly, this subject line terrifies me. I was curious how many days I have left of my mission this morning during studies because I am trying to finish all the standard works (except the Old Testament), as well as Preach My Gospel, before I get home from my mission. (Call me crazy, well, I guess I am.) So me, being me, counted how many days I have left of my mission. Bad idea. That is when I noticed that I have 100 days left and my stomach dropped. Haha! So I may not be doing that again! But at least I know how much I have to read every day to finish them! I already finished the Book of Mormon once all the way through on my mission, but I thought why not make it a goal to do it again! I love the Book of Mormon!<3

This week was SO FUN and SO BUSY! You probably could tell how sick I was last week seeing as how short my email was and my emails are usually never short because I like to talk!;) But all is well! Me and Sister Mathis recovered quickly with lots of Emergen-C, vitamins, DayQuil & NightQuil, and LOTS of sleep! Haha! I don't know if I have ever slept so much in my life! Jk! At least on my mission though in a couple days....I probably slept more than I was awake.

We left church early last Sunday after sacrament meeting because I could barely sit up straight and keep my eyes open! And then by Monday night we were feeling a lot better! We door knocked a little bit that night and we were literally sore from not doing anything Friday-Monday! Haha! It was pathetic! Tuesday, we did some service at Meals on Wheels! I love that place, it is so fun! And then we door knocked this trailer park and we said a prayer to find a new investigator and the first 2 doors we knocked on were new investigators! Shyleigh and Zack! So cool! God answers prayers! Sadly, Zack dropped us because he went SUPER anti! He looked up all this crazy stuff. It was sad. He was really awesome and nice, but he will accept the gospel someday.:) Seed planted. And we are still trying to get a hold of Shyleigh again, so we will keep you updated on her. That same Tuesday night, we taught Chris. Our cool, homie that is cousins with Michael Jackson (by marriage). He is doing well. Progressing slowly, but doing well.

Wednesday we had district meeting and taught Sister Bell! She is doing so awesome! She is the one who stopped smoking on her own, she's praying and reading her scriptures daily, and coming back to church! We taught her tithing and fasting and at church yesterday we saw her praying her tithing! So cool! We are so proud of her! Hopefully we can go to the temple with her soon!:) Thursday we taught Marla and she's doing really good as well! While we were teaching Marla (we taught her at Panera because she bought us dinner) there were these 2 teenage girls sitting at this table and I felt like I should talk to them! Well, not only did they turn out to be potentials, but there names were Riley and Meagan (sound familiar?). It was weird because I think I had prayed that day and asked God to show me a sign he was there. I know of course. But it is cool to do that at times. And if I hadn't listened to that prompting, I would never have see that cool miracle. It shows that God makes us work for answers, and sometimes we don't listen to him, we just talk. We all need to listen more. Later that night the Grand Rapids sisters came over and I got to go on trade-offs with MY MOMMA! I literally love Sister Nelson! We may have stayed up until like 2 in the morning that night just laughing and talking and we didn't even notice. Opppsss! ;)

But Friday was so fun to be together and we door knocked a lot! But it was good! It was so cool to see how each other have grown and I know I wouldn't be the missionary I am today without my awesome trainer!:) I am so blessed to be so close to and have so many amazing companions! Saturday, we got to trio it up and it was so fun! Sister Anderson came up to be with me and Sister Mathis for the day (she serves at WMU in K-Zoo) because her companion was going to the temple and that was really fun! I haven't been in a trio since I served down in Lansing at the beginning of my mission, so it was fun to get back into that. We even got let into this house of this family from Congo, Africa. It was one of the most interesting door knocking experiences on my mission. One guy had to translate because he was the only one who could speak English and he ended up being super interested! The rest of the family didn't seem too interested. There were so many people in the house, we were so confused! Well it turns out this huge family lives there! People kept just coming in the room! It was crazy! And then they told us they also have church in their downstairs basement, so that made more sense. But the man who was interested name was Omari and his uncle was this pastor! Pastor Alex! He went off on some Sermon and then blessed us before we left. It was a very unique experience......let's just say that! But we got a new gator, Omari, from it!:) He even said he will come to church this next Sunday! Fingers crossed!

Yesterday at church, it was SO GOOD! The spirit was so strong and I have come to love church and the sacrament a lot on my mission. The sacrament is literally how I survive week to week. Spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, etc. I know Jesus Christ can enable us to do all things because of his atoning sacrifice. That has come to be very real for me on my mission. And sacrament was all about finding joy in our trials! I loved it! We even got to teach Onna yesterday! She's doing awesome! We are working on family history with her tonight to try and get her to the temple! Yay! And then we also taught Chris again! He's going to try and get work off again! And then we also taught Brock and Leticia Williams yesterday! They are the part member family we are teaching and we love them! We are hoping Leticia will get baptized and Brock will start coming back! They are so cool and have the cutest 2 year old! Keep the faith, family and friends!<3 I don't ever want to see any of you lose the faith! It's too precious! Love you all! Have a stellar week!<3

--
Remember the church is true and I love you!
<3Sister Rogers<3
Michigan Lansing Mission


There's only 1 today because I have been a scrub on pictures lately! There will be more next week! Here's one of me and Sister Nelson on trade-offs though!!! Love her!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment